Monday, November 22, 2010

A Week of Thanks


This time of year always bring out the thankfulness in me. There are so many things that I am so lucky to have. And not just a house, or food (which most of us have) - but the big stuff like 4 beautiful healthy children who make me laugh daily, a kind and faithful husband, and the church and atonement that will allow me to be with my Heavenly Father again one day.
It seems too early to be getting so sentimental. But lack of sleep sometimes brings the emotional and "feely" side out of me. And since sleep has been a little lacking these days - it seems most days I cry about something. Whether it's a commercial, a song on the radio, or just random thoughts and daily trials.
It's funny how the things that I am so thankful for - seem to be the things I also complain the most about.
You know, complaining seems to come too easy - especially for me. I think that if you hold it in than it will build up and one day explode into a big meltdown. This has actually happened once or twice - so my conclusion after these breakdowns was to always be honest about how I'm feeling and what I'm going through. But this turns out to be a fault of mine.
I sometimes say things - that maybe should have been kept under lock and key. Because being truthful about what you feel and think can sometimes be deemed somewhat "inappropriate".
I just typed a couple of examples of things I've done and said - but I actually deleted them due to the fact that I'm still a little embarrassed about them. But lets just say that they probably shouldn't have come out.
I am just so thankful for friends and family who know these things, and love me anyways.
So Thankful!

Yesterday I took my measurements as compared to 6 weeks ago. For the first time in awhile I was actually thankful for a measuring tape. I'm going to put these on this post. Not because I really want anybody to know them - but I know that I will eventually loose the paper that I wrote them down on (either by kid or a mommy extreme clean-up), and I want to have something to compare to 6-weeks from now. I'll take motivation in any form right now...

FIRST MEASUREMENT (Oct. 12) SECOND MEASUREMENT (Nov. 21)
Waste 36.5" 32.5"
Hip 43.5" 41"
Thigh 26" 24.5"
Neck 14" 13"
Chest 40" 39"
Gut ? 39"

I hope by New Years to have some smaller numbers - we'll see...

No comments: