Saturday, December 18, 2010

PARTY TIME! (The craziness begins)

This time of year is just fun (and hectic).

Mira had her dance recital. We started the tradition of going to Temple Square. And don't forget the Christmas parties.

But before I get too many pictures to post - I thought I'd put on here what we have so far.

FAMILY FUN

We had our annual family Christmas party last night. Now this is my side of the family - but not with the WHOLE family - just the "Oyler" side and Jeff. If that doesn't make sense to you than don't worry about it, even I get confused sometimes :-)

I was in charge of the usual... rolls. Justin was sure I would need to make 3 batches because my fam sure knows how to down them rolls.

I love baking for people. There's something fun about it. Yah - it's time consuming and messy and its not like I have a ton of free time right now - but I find it kind of therapeutic. Especially when people enjoy what I make.

So we did the cousin gift exchange with all the kiddio's and Grandma and Grandpa did their gift giving extravaganza (they just spoil the grand kids - it's so awesome!).

But before all that we did the baby Jesus story. I don't know how in the world Justin and I got picked to be Joseph and Mary - but alas we had the baby Jesus (aka: Xaylor) - so I guess that makes sense. I put on my costume and asked my Brother in Law - "Hey - do I look like a virgin?" - yahhh he didn't think that was very funny.







But at the end of the story - my Dad, my sweet sweet wonderful Dad, comes crawling in with, heck I don't even know what you'd call it - but it was a mismatched bunch of socks and cloth on his head that made him look like a donkey. It was hilarious! And than he came and rolled over and passed out. I was a little offended being Mary and all :-) How dare my donkey be exhausted from carrying me ~.

But I think what really affected me the most about that was after when my dad was trying to get off the floor. His left leg doesn't work very well and he was trying to get himself to stand up. I tried to help him but he said that he needed something hard to push against. The ottoman didn't work so than he went to the chair and pushed up on it.

How amazing it that! Even with all the pain he's in and how hard it is for him to get up - that he would crawl on the ground and be a donkey for the kids and for fun. GOSH I love that man!

Overall a great family party!

No comments: